Friday, July 6, 2012

Pics & Flicks: Photographers and Videographers - Meet The Guys!

As a model, I work with photographers and videographers pretty regularly and have grown to love and respect the craft so much! Not only that, but working with different people allows you to experience various ways people go about handling their business and their level of professionalism if you will. It's those characteristics that really set people apart and put them on a higher level.  Besides professionalism, the actual creative mind that produces a stunning image or film production is one to be cherished and recognized for their talents.  This post is showcasing some amazing photographers and videographers that I have either had the pleasure of working with in some capacity or their work has caught my attention and I believe derserves to be featured on Caught In The Fresh!

Check out these photogs and their work!


First up is Raza-Ry!
Ryan is friend and business associate of mine with an extremely creative eye and ambitious mind. Check out what he has to offer through his photography, videography, and UxU clothing line.
Name: Raza-Ry, Raza
Talents: Photography, Videography, and Graphic Design.
Affiliations: Raza-Ry Photography, Unique And Uncontemporary LLC
About Raza-Ry: "A self-taught jack of all trades. Learned how to do these different tasks to run my clothing line simply because they needed to be done. Now all my art has branched off into different entities that thrive off of my creativity and passion and I am becoming successful because of it. It's overwhelming sometimes how fast things have progressed through the people I meet and love my work but, it feels good when people that have been doing these things longer than I've been alive enjoy my work and want to work with me. I'm excited too where everything will take me and I invite anyone to follow myself and my team on our journey."

Current/Upcoming Projects?: "Currently I am directing two music videos. One with American Idol contestant Ju'Not for his track that will be on BET's mix tape for their "Wrap It Up" campaign. The other is for artist Brandon Charles for his first ever video for his mix tape "Say Grace". I am working with other directors on my film team for other music videos. I'm planning a couple more photo shoots for this summer, one with none other than the lovely Amber Rayne. My team and I are working on the Fall release and collaborations with different artists for Unique And Uncontemporary. We'll possibly be having a third Pop Up Shop before the summer ends. Other than photo, video, and design projects for various clients that's all I can remember right now as you can see there's A LOT."

Professional Contact: Razary@me.com,  for questions about UxU (Unique and Uncontemporary) my email is razary.uxu@gmail.com

Website: Photography- www.razary.com, UxU- www.uxudmv.com

Social Contact:
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/RazaRy
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RazaRyPhotography
Vimeo: http://www.vimeo.com/RazaRy
Tumblr: RazaRy.tumblr.com
Instagram:  @RazaRy
Vids: http://vimeo.com/37819334
          http://vimeo.com/25645662
"Tha Werk"
----------------------------------------------------------------
Meet Travis Houze!
An amazing photographer I've had the pleasure of working with, Travis' work has been used for many mixtape and album single covers as well as promo for events. When it comes to the quality of his work, he is definitely a cut above the rest with his clean and consistent style.


Full Name: Travis Houze
Professional Business: Travis Houze Photography
Specialty/Talent(s): Specializing in Portrait Photography, along with some Videography
Affiliation(s): "I have worked with several up and upcoming musicians in the DMV area such as Devin White, Elle Maxwell, Marlee in the Mixx. Also I did some photography with agencies like ROE (Righteous Ones ENT) and Cimbolica."
About Travis: "I am a recent college graduate from the Art Institute of Washington who majored in Photographic Imaging, and using my degree towards shooting portraits of people within the area. My personal ascetic consists of portraying the model for what kind of personality they have. Within the images, I try to keep the tone of colors consistent (using alot of dark red and browns), so that my style can be recognized over time."  

Current/Upcoming Projects?: "Right now, I’m working towards doing a couple workshops for high school students that are interested in photography this summer, and also considering making photo/video documentaries about specific people I’ve surrounded myself around lately." 

Professional Contact: travis@travishouze.com


Social Contact:
Facebook:  Travis Houze Photography
Instagram: @thouze
"Tha Werk"
-------------------------------------------------------------
Get hip to Dizzy Crane!
A personal friend of mine who has taken the DMV by storm! When I met this guy we were both a little amateur in our respective field, but over time we've both came such a long way from our first shoots.  If you're looking for out-of-the-box, super creative concepts, THIS IS YOUR MAN.
 
Name: Dizzard "Dizzy" Crane 
Specialty/Talent(s)/Business: Photographer, chef, criminal, etc.
Brief description of yourself and your craft: "I create fresh and vibrant images that capture the essence of my subjects, from portraits and landscapes to still life and abstracts. My work is dedicated to art, beauty, creativity and innovation."

Current/Upcoming Projects? : "Everything is Top Secret :)"

Contact info: DigitalCrane@gmail.com 

Social contact info:  
Instagram: @DizzyCrane 
Model Mayhem: http://www.modelmayhem.com/2135263
"Tha Werk"
---------------------------------------------------------------- 
The Amazing Apollo F!
Apollo F is freelance photographer in the DMV who is on his way to success! With his determined attitude and exquisite skill, it is obvious the fruits of his labor are not too far along.  His work speaks for itself.  Taking inspiration from those around him, and carefully planning his concepts, he is someone you will definitely want to work with.

Full Name: Apollo Frank
Goes By: Apollo F
Specialty/Talent(s)/Business: Freelance Photographer
About Apollo: "An artist from the DMV, photography & graphic design are my vessels. I look to collaborate with like minded individuals."

Current/Upcoming Projects?: "I'm currently in the midst of trying to grow my brand, get people familiar with my freelance work. Collaborating with up and coming designers, MUA's, Stylist, and the whole nine yards."

Professional contact info: afrnk89@gmail.com

Social contact info:
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/apollofphotog
"Tha Werk"
 --------------------------------------------------------
 And Finally, the Knowledgeable Dante Bailey!
What can I say? This is what I call raw talent. Dante has always been a visionary, and his ability to convey those grand ideas through film and photography has gotten him some great recognition in the area.  Working along side his partner in crime, Clive Mutepuka, Dante's production is always on the next level.


Name: Dante Bailey
Specialty/Talent(s):  Film Director | Editor | Cinematographer | Photographer
Affiliation(s): Knowledgeable Entertainment, Cool Kids Forever Films, Bowie State University

Brief description of yourself and your craft: "What My Partner (Clive Mutepuka) & I Strive to do is create cinematic based film productions & candid introspective photography productions that are are aesthetically pleasing to the eye while at the same carrying enough substance that they may cause our viewers to reflect upon themselves, their communities, and the everyday issues that may effect them directly or indirectly in the world we live in today. Ultimately we like like to joke around and say that we want to "Trick" people into thinking outside of the box. If we are given an opportunity to think for ourselves then we will soon discover just how much potential we actually have to be great."
 
Current/Upcoming Projects?: "This past year for us as Knowledgeable Ent. has been very slow. We have been going through somewhat of a transition period in moving away from music videos and moving into short films, documentaries, commercials, etc. With that being said, we do have a few more music videos coming up for the end of the summer as well as a psa/commercial a full documentary & potentially a few more short films."
"There are probably too many to list but the primary target Project list as of now is as seen below:"

 
Lyriciss- "Big Gold Chain" Official Music Video
Darren Hannible- "Lean On You" Official Music Video
His Rise, His Fall, His Victory: The Cornelius McDonald Jr. Story (Documentary)
PSA Dealing with Domestic Abuse
Diary of a Wounded Heart (Fashion Show)
"The Box" Short Film

Professional contact info:
Knowledgeable.Requests@gmail.com <--- Inquiries
Knowledgeable.Faces@gmail.com <--- Casting

Video links:

Artist Spotlight /BTS Event Coverage

 +Artistic Minds: Dante Bailey 
+Jacqui Depas | Naiffer Romero | Bridal Shoot

Short Films 

+Bam's Song
+Taking A Chance | Directed By Dante Bailey + John Harris | ART 360-101 Final

 Music Videos

+Obii Say- Hey, i remember you [Official Video] | Knowledgeable Ent.
+Tabi Bonney- Feeling More ft. Nicole Wray | Cool Kids Forever Films

Documentary Film

+His Story, His Fall, His Victory: The Cornelius McDonald Jr. Story (Trailer) 

"Tha Werk"
Clive Mutepuka
Black Cobain Video shoot "Lust" Ft. J. Holiday




And there you have it! Some of the best guys out there doing what they do best. Look for the next "Pics & Flicks" post featuring the Ladies of Photography and Videography!

No comments:

Post a Comment